Graduate College Mail Room Procedures and ExpectationsSetting up your mailbox
- Residents must sign up for mailboxes in person at the Porter's Lodge located at the Old Graduate College's 15th entry way within two weeks of arriving.
- If you do not sign up for a mailbox within two weeks of arriving at the Graduate College, the Porter's Lodge will be unable to accept mail for you and all mail and packages sent to you will be turned away and returned to sender.
- Residents are expected to check mailboxes on a regular basis as the mailboxes do fill up quickly.
- All packages are received and signed for by the Porter's Lodge.
- When you have received a package, you will first receive an email from the Porter's Lodge. This lets you know that all packages have been received and processed and are now ready to be picked up.
- If you did not receive an email yet your package has not arrived yet. Please note: occasionally a site like FedEx or UPS may say online that your package has arrived here when it actually has not. So please just watch for the email from the Porter's Lodge instead as this is the most accurate indicator of whether your package is actually here.
- Simply due to the size and limited space of the Lodge itself, you are expected to pick up packages the same day you receive the email from the Porter's Lodge noting that you have received a package.
- Packages can only be held in the office for 3 days unless you have made arrangements ahead of time with Lynne C. McClister (email@example.com)
- We are not able to accept packages for you until you actually arrive on campus and set up your mailbox. Please do not send packages until you are here and able to pick them up.
- When moving out of the Graduate College, mailbox keys must be returned directly to the Porter's Lodge. (Do not bring them to the Housing Office as they will not accept them.)
- If you are moving out and the Porter's Lodge is closed, there are supplies located on the ledge outside of the Porter's Lodge so that you can fill out the mail forwarding form, place your key inside the envelope and place everything in the video drop box.
- Keys must be returned to the Porter's Lodge by your move out date.
- If keys are not returned to the Porter's Lodge by or on your move out date, you will be charged a $80.00 fee (subject to change without notice) to cover the cost of lock change.
Graduate College House Guides
- Please follow the link below for useful information about living in the Graduate College.
- The Porter's Lodge no longer sells quarters.
- The Porter's Lodge does not handle IDs left at DBar. Please visit DBar during regular hours to retrieve your ID.
- During move in keys can be picked up at the housing office from 9-4:30 at the New South 5th floor. After hours keys can be pick up at Public Safety. The Porters Lodge will not have Keys to the students rooms.
- Please direct your storage questions to Building Services at 609-258-3490.
- If you are moving out, please make sure to fill out a mail forwarding form upon returning you mailbox key.
- Please be sure ALL personal belongings and trash are removed from your room before checkout. All GC furniture must be returned to your room, and all bed frames must be assembled. Your room will be inspected and your door will be locked upon checkout. Fines will be issued for missing furniture/property, trash, damage, and remaining personal belongings.